My chai time is between 16h00 to 17h00. Drinking tea and listening to Carnatic music is the best! I don’t like missing my chai time, if I do my evening gets ruined. That’s the one and only time I intake milk. I know its not healthy but am not a big fan of drinking milk.
I walked towards my fridge to find the main ingredient (ginger) for my chai and out of disappointment I ended up drinking a normal 5 roses tea.
2 cups of tap water
2 tablespoons of tea leaves/powder
2 pinch cardamom powder
3 teaspoons grated ginger
desired amount of sugar
3/4 cup milk if more upto your desire
- Pour 2 cups of water into a pot and boil it on stove
- Add the tea powder, grated ginger and cardamon powder
- Stir well
- After three minutes add milk and sugar
- Let it to bubble and boil
- Filter/sieve the chai into a cup
- Enjoy with biscuits (my favourite is Marie or Romany creams)
Well traditionally in India Filter coffee is the favourable drink but I personally prefer tea. Filter coffee and Carnatic music will be a better option for many but this is what I had.