Quesadilla, is a type of Mexican food comprising a tortilla filled with cheese. Other ingredients are often used in the filling for enhanced flavoring. The word Quesada in Spanish, literally translates to “cheese inside tortilla”. The dish is typically prepared by frying the tortilla with the filling and is a popular snack not only in Mexico, but in southeastern regions of America.
I once had this in Mugg n Bean (MnB). I tried it at home twice but it’s obviously not the same as the one I tasted at MnB. It’s Yummy in its own way!
What you need?
- Tortilla (flat round)
- Salsa sauce
- Olive oil
- Desired raw veggies including chilies
- Sour cream
- On a flat pancake frying pan, fry the tortilla with a dab of olive oil on both sides of tortilla
- Flip tortilla both sides to become evenly brown, medium to high heat on HOB
- Spread the salsa sauce on one half of the round tortilla
- Add veggies and sour cream
- Melt the cheese and pour into tortilla
- Fold the plain side over to the filled side, so that its covering the fillings
- Cut into triangles shape
- Sever warm
The Quesadilla is believed to be of Meso-American origin, though the exact date of its invention is not known. Tortillas were invented by the Spanish in the 15 century and they were improvised very much by the Meso-Americans a couple of centuries down the line.
This is one of the favorite Super Bowl dishes held every year in America.