I have heard about 2 minutes noodles, 2 minutes train stop even 2 minutes monologue but a 2 minute cake?? I’m not sure about you but, it’s a new and exciting dish for me.
There is no need of baking cakes for 180 degree C for 45 minutes waiting time period if you can bake a cake within 2 minutes in your coffee mug. How fabulous is that?! Mr microwave man I love you! It’s not only delicious by taste and aesthetics but smells like a cake too.
I would greatly thank my bro and his fellow friends once again for sharing this recipe with me.
Ok enough of me blabbing and lets move onto the recipe. Get your measuring cups and coffee mugs ready.
You will need:
- 60 ml cake flour
- 60 ml sugar
- 30 ml cocoa powder
- Orgran no egg powder (bought at Dischem pharmacy, ratio 5 ml powder to 30ml water = 1 egg) for vegetarians who don’t consume egg
- 45 ml milk
- 45 ml cooking oil
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 block of your favourite chocolate
- And ofcourse your mug – make sure it’s microwavable
- Mix all your dry ingredients first into your coffee mug
- Mix all your wet ingredients in another separate bowl and add it into your mug
- Put a block of chocolate in the middle of the mug
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Let the cake to cool down
- Serve with vanilla Ice cream
A compromise is the art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece – Ludwig Erhard
I am glad I shared this awesome recipe with you all. I hope you enjoy ‘baking’ in your microwave oven.