If you are one of those people who have garments made of silk in your wardrobe then this post will be helpful to you.
Beautiful, resplendent and exquisite. Your pure silks always make you feel special. Pure silk product is a labour of love of the sericulture farmer, silk reeler and twister, the artisans including the weaver. This work of art is precious, care for it.
I always put my silks for dry cleaning but nowadays the washing machines come with a steam option for silk. Some of these techniques might not take away your dirt on your silk material. I tried out many things and here are some of my best tips.
- Use soft water for washing
- Use good neutral soap-flakes or soap solution
- Light detergent may be used in case of hard water
- Use luke warm water for cleaning by gentle kneading
- To remove soiled spots, rinse 2 or 3 times in warm water
- Iron with low to medium temperature but not on the print
- After wearing, dry it in shade to remove sweat
- Wrap with brown paper or white cotton cloth to protect silks from insects, dust, moisture and to avoid blackening of material
- Use silica gel sachets in storage racks.