It has been long since I blogged. Lots of good things have happened in between in my life. I moved to my own place and within a month my baby boy, Ashwin, was born. My mom came over from South Africa to be with me. She helped me a lot. I’ve successfully recovered and now back into action (blogging). My family and husband have been strong pillars of support during some rough patches of my pregnancy and being a new mom.
Since I’ve become a mom, I’m full time with my baby at home. I got used to many new things such as sleepless nights, quick showers and hurried preparations of food. It’s a whole new chapter of my life and thus far a beautiful and fun one.
My little champ is a milk a chugger thus I am constantly nursing him. In order for me to provide him with his nutritions I have to be well fed myself 😛 I started to research on quick but healthy cooking. I started to experiment and explore the ingredients in my kitchen cabinet. I do end up creating my own recipes at times. I feel like a scientist in my spice-land laboratory.
I didn’t create this recipe but I’ve tried it out a couple of times and would like to share this easy, quick recipe with my fellow followers.
Cheesy masala toast
This can be consumed with soup, pasta or on its own.
- Whole wheat bread (quantity 4)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mixed finely chopped veggies (I used spring onions, bell peppers, coriander leaves, carrot)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Quantity can be varied according to taste…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit or 170 degrees Celsius
- Toast the bread – this is optional but I like my bread crunchy and crispy
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl
- Apply the mixture on top of the bread
- Place it on a baking tray or foiled oven grill
- Bake till the cheese melts, cut it in triangle shapes (while cutting you can hear the crunch)
- Dip it in chilli sauce or ketchup and enjoy